The DRIVER Point-of-Work Solution Discipline is based upon an expanded hybrid of discovery, agile design methods/tactics and delivery technologies that extend reach to Point-of-Work and moments of need to address task-centric, role-specific demands that manifest real-time within workflows.
DRIVER, as a discipline, does not promote “one-and-done training projects”; instead, DRIVER is aligned with a Learning Performance Continuum that tracks with the workforce on their journey to competency from Point-of-Entry (onboarding & new learning) to the ultimate destination Point-of-Work (sustained, competent performance).
Discovery targets Point-of-Work as ground zero to establish current state bench marking across six Learning Performance Ecosystem categories of attributes including:
Road Mapping from PWA Discovery to provide a Learning Performance Solution informing high-level design and prioritized based upon Critical Business Issues identified during PWA alignment. Solution Road Map enables collaboration with design and development teams to discuss potential productivity acceleration assets for inclusion into agile design workflow methodologies.
Intentional Design does not promote any single proprietary methodology; rather, it enables the organization’s design resources to leverage any agile-based methodology of choice like:
- Five Moments of Need by Apply Synergies
- 70:20:10 from the 70;20:10 Institute
- Successive Approximation Model (SAM) from Allen Interactive
PWA is compatible with all of these leading agile methodologies and supportive of agile, iterative approaches that can support asset Validation during development.
Evidence phase enables capturing Level 3 (measurable performance impact) and Level 4 (financial business impact) analytics that manifest only at Point-of-Work. Evidence analytics are identified and validated during the alignment and execution of the PWA.
Replicate phase is a critical discipline component that supports cross-pollination of performance assets within learning opportunities as well as Point-of-Work application. Additionally, Replicate serves as a framework for rapid reuse, content management and sustainability of all learning performance solution assets.
NOTE: Notice the role Productivity Acceleration Platform (PAP) plays throughout the Driver discipline. The integration of PAP as part of the continuum’s intentional solution design serves as the thread of continuity from Point-of-Entry to Point-of-Work – a key benefit only DRIVER promotes as part of the solution.
Following are additional details specific to the elements of the DRIVER Discipline:
- “D” Discovery – Holistic Point-of-Work Assessment (PWA)
- Strategy & Business Goal Alignment
- Mapping Ecosystem Interdependencies (Ripple Effect)
- Critical Business Issue (CBI) Prioritization
- Task-centric, Role-specific Workflow/Process Performance Gaps
- Root Cause Determination
- Evidence of Impact Criteria Verification (Level 3 & 4 Analytics)
- “R” Roadmap – Ecosystem-wide Point-of-Work Solution Road Map
- Competency Alignment
- Solution Scope for an Holistic Learning Performance Continuum
- Inform embedded agile design methodologies
- Map Change Management Communications
- Collaboration Source for Design/Development/Delivery Brainstorming
- “I” Intentional Design – Evolved Scope for Holistic Learning Performance Continuum
- Integration of Learning w/ Productivity Acceleration Assets
- Agile-Compatible PAP-supported Content Design & Rapid Development
- PAP-Supported Feedback Loop Supporting Iteration Refinement Best Practices
- PAP-enabled Embedded Learning Asset Deployment & Contextual Productivity Acceleration Asset Delivery at Point-of-Work
- “V” Validate – Confirming “7 Right Things” at Point-of-Work plus…
- Accessibility by End-User @ Point-of-Work
- Task-Relevance @ Moment of Need
- Effectiveness @ Moment of Need @ Point-of-Work
- Confirmation of Test/Pilot Assets Via PAP Feedback Loop from Users/ SMEs
- Source Data to Support Asset Refinement Iterations
- “E” Evidence – Performance Impact Analytics Acquisition
- Execution of Business Impact Evaluation Plan defined in PWA “Discovery”
- Acquisition of Data Targeting Levels 3 & 4 Impact Evidence
- Identify Potential Integration with xAPI Dashboards
- Analytics to Confirm Business Impact for Leadership Reporting
- “R” Replicate – Support “Create Once – Use Many Times” Development Tactics
- DPS-supported Rapid Content Management & Maintenance
- Leverage Agile Content Asset for Rapid Re-Use
- Seamlessly Re-Deploy Assets Across Ecosystem using DPS technology
- Embed PAP Assets in Formal Learning for Continuum Continuity
- Enable Scalability
Adoption of the DRIVER Point-of-Work Solution Discipline carries with it the potential for CHANGE at multiple levels within the organization. The degree of CHANGE is a function of:
- Organizational and cultural readiness ranging from tactical in-house skill sets
- Available technology capable of supporting performance guidance
- Strategic leadership buy-in to the implications of a paradigm shift to Point-of-Work from the familiarity and comfort of an embedded Training paradigm.
DRIVER adoption requires a leadership-level strategic re-think – a commitment to fill/update tactical skill gaps within supporting L&D resources – and potential integration of PAP technology as the Discipline matures to enable solution delivery for the workforce at Point-of-Work and moment of need.
Is your organization “ready” to shift to the DRIVER discipline and the Point-of-Work paradigm, or is your organization at a state of “readiness”to make the shift?
Making the decision to pursue a paradigm shift of this nature should begin with assessment of your “readiness” and build a migration strategy to survive the journey to an optimized and sustainable Learning Performance Ecosystem.
What Is a Logical First Step?
Consider a Point-of-Work Assessment (PWA) to determine readiness, expose gaps, and map a path forward.
See Point-of-Work Assessment for details.
See Engagement for details on Productivity Acceleration Paradigm adoption options.
Click Contact to begin an exploratory conversation.