Workforce Productivity Strategist – Mentor/Coach – Change Agent
Speaker – Blogger
After my third HR-based L&D reduction-in-force event in seven years…I’m done.
I’m not “done” with the pursuit…or the passion…or the conviction…of hard-earned beliefs that SUSTAINED WORKFORCE PERFORMANCE at the Point-of-Work is the brass ring all organizations seek…and sadly traditional Training methodologies alone cannot deliver the mail…
I’m a Performance Consultant/Productivity Strategist at the core, and as a new entrant in the “gig economy”, I’m convinced there is an acute need for Learning & Development (L&D) teams to have step-change solution architects with evolved discovery skills shaped by several core principles I’ve gained over 30+ years of operational L&D experience.
The following are core principles I’ve witnessed as essential in my own experiences:
• Training does NOT drive Performance…it drives POTENTIAL!
• Measurable Performance only manifests at Point-of-Work!
• The workforce succeeds and/or fails at Point-of-Work and often in live Workflows!
• Point-of-Work is out of scope for most HR-based L&D teams
• Point-of-Work should be IN scope; in fact, it should be ground zero!
• Evolved discovery skills/methods & technology enable sustainable step-change!
• Training Needs Assessments address only 1/6th of the learning performance ecosystem
• Point-of-Work Assessments (PWA) address the additional 5/6ths of the ecosystem
• Never confuse “ready” with “readiness”…discover which defines your team first!
There’s more…but if any of these core beliefs feel like a call-to-action, we should at least have an exploratory conversation.
Please consider following my Living In Learning Blog, for a look behind the curtain!
Finally, thank you to those of you who already follow me in my network circles and for your support.
If your organization is “ready” to pursue a Point-of-Work Assessment (PWA) Discipline consider me as a resource to complete a Point-of-Work Readiness Assessment to establish current state of readiness and assist in mapping step-change strategy and planing to fully adopt and sustain “readiness” on your team.
Let’s have an exploratory conversation!
Take good care!
• Point-of-Work Strategy Assessments
• Performance Consulting & Related Skill Workshops – Coaching & Mentoring
• Point-of-Work Technology Requirements Evaluation